Barung Landcare Seed Collection Policy V2017
In order to maintain biodiversity within the local provenance species ensuring genetic integrity, Barung Landcare employ the following hierarchy of preference in seed collection practice:
1. Naturally occurring local populations with several to many individuals.
2. Naturally occurring local populations with small number of individuals.
3. Naturally occurring individuals with potential for cross-pollination with other nearby individuals.
4. Plants growing in revegetated areas preferably of known origin.
5. Park or street trees.
6. Isolated garden plants are only used as a last resort.