Based in Maleny, Barung Landcare is a leading community-based organisation working to develop ethical solutions for a sustainable future. We support local and regional community empowerment to conserve and enhance the rich diversity of natural resources of the Blackall Range and surrounding environs.
Land for Wildlife is a free, voluntary conservation program that supports participants in protecting, enhancing and rehabilitating native flora and fauna on their property.
The Land for Wildlife program offers free land management advice, workshops, field days, regular newsletters and opportunities to meet other like-minded landholders.
Benefits and assistance to Land for Wildlife participants include:
- free onsite land management advice tailored to your property
- property revisits and ongoing property-specific advice
- free workshops and field days
- access to technical advice and resources, including environment grants and other incentives
- opportunities to network with like-minded landholders
- free Land for Wildlife sign for registered properties acknowledging the commitment made to nature conservation.
If you require more help, please contact your local Conservation Partnerships Officer on (07) 5475 7272.