join the team
Project Officer (full time)
The Project Officer is responsible for supporting the BNAS Manager with the planning, execution and reporting of key projects with our major landcare partners including Sunshine Coast, Gympie and Moreton Bay Councils. Experience with large scale planting projects is highly desirable.
- Work in conjunction with the BNAS Manager to source, cost, quote and tender for contracts throughout the region for revegetation, weed control and plantings that provide environmental benefits.
- Set clearly defined objectives and priorities and operates accordingly, reviewing and adjusting as required; identify processes, tasks and resources required to achieve goals; establish systems and procedures to guide work and track progress; recognise actual and potential barriers and finds effective ways to deal with them.
- Supervise, direct and coordinate plant, materials and labour to complete allocated works within budget and nominated timeframes while providing high quality bush regeneration/revegetation to our sites.
- Meeting management; negotiate and manage contracts and service agreements;ensure that high quality records, such as workplace inspection reports, daily site reports, ISO related audit reports, plant and equipment inspections, asset management and incident reports are completed.
- Consults and liaise with BNAS Team; monitor performance against objectives and manages project risks and issues; must have experience in budget tracking and electronic reporting processes.
- Establish and maintain relationships with people at all levels; forge useful partnerships with people across business areas, functions and organisations.
We are looking to fill this role immediately.
Bush Regeneration – Team Leaders & Labourers (casual)
We are currently recruiting Bush Regenerators (Supervisors & Labourers) who are skilled in herbicide application, hand weeding, tool maintenance, plant identification and revegetation planting across the Sunshine Coast, Gympie and Moreton Bay regions. The Barung Natural Areas team prides itself on the high quality of its work that is the result of a passion for the environment, attention to detail and long-term site management. If you are experienced, self-motivated, looking for a great team environment where you can apply your skills and meet the mandatory requirements below, we look forward to hearing from you.
These positions are casual (Flexibility available, working 2-5 full days/week, or school hours) through to 30 June 2022, with possible extension.
Candidates from the Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast and Gympie Regions are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in managing the environment and are looking for flexibility to suit your lifestyle, we are keen to hear from you!
Mandatory Experience / Qualifications:
- Supervisory experience (Team Leaders only)
- Certificate III (or higher) in Conservation & Land Management or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 year field experience
- Current, valid Commercial operator’s licence (ground application of herbicide) issued under the Agricultural and Chemical Distributions Control Act 1966
- Construction Safety White Card
- S.E. QLD native and weed identification and management skills
- Passion for working outdoors and the native environment
- Current driver’s licence and own transport
- First Aid Certificate
- Chainsaw Certificate – Level 1
How to Apply:
Please apply via Seek.com with a resume and cover letter.
Any questions can be emailed to: email@example.com
Please note, due to the volume of responses, only successful applicants with be contacted.
Barung Landcare Management Committee
The Barung Landcare Management Committee is currently seeking new members to join the management committee.
The Barung Landcare Management Committee sets the vision and the purpose for the organisation, and oversees, guides and supports the direction of the Barung Landcare team.
We are seeking people with the following qualities, skills and values (but not limited to):
- Passion for the environment
- Passion for working with community
- Understanding of business operations
- Understanding of environmental conservation / natural resource management
- Understanding of fundraising
- Previous experience on a committee or a board
- Collaborative spirit
If you are interested in joining the Barung Landcare Management committee, please contact the president at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering is a wonderful way to give back to the environment and community, build social connections and improve your own physical and mental health and wellbeing.
Volunteering at Barung is an experience in both helping and learning.
Barung Landcare operates with a small team of paid staff, and a large number of invaluable volunteers.
By joining as a volunteer you can support Barung Landcare’s mission in helping the environment, learn about native Australian plants and ecosystems, gain valuable skills in raising native plants from seeds, and meet like-minded people with an interest in maintaining our environment.
We welcome a range of skills, experience and interests to the team, so let us know a little about yourself and your interests by filling out the below Volunteer Registration Form.
Barung Landcare offers a number of pathways for the community to participate in Landcare through our various volunteer programs. These include (but are not limited to):
- Carrying out seed collections
- Volunteering at the native nursery
- Helping with tree planting and weed maintenance at our site at the Maleny Community Precinct
- Helping to run community information stalls about Barung Landcare
- Fundraising activities
- The Maleny Wood Expo
All activities undertaken through volunteering with Barung Landcare are covered by Public Liability Insurance.
It is essential for Barung Landcare to be aware of volunteer personal details to ensure that you are able to effectively participate in the scheduled activities within the organisation without unnecessary risk to your own health or that of other staff and participants. New volunteers please complete the Barung Volunteer Form.
For enquiries about volunteering for Barung activities, send an email to email@example.com or phone 07 5494 3151.