join the team
Part-Time Administration Assistant
Key Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Invoicing using Xero
- Reviewing and sending reports
- Maintaining staff qualifications register
- Maintaining data records in a range of cloud-based software programs
- Assisting the Business Administration Manager with various ad-hoc administrative tasks
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- A minimum of three years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Confidence in using Xero, Google Business Package (Gmail, G-Drive, Google Calendars, and Google Docs), and Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
This is a unique and rare opportunity to join a remarkable organisation that is dedicated to ensuring the well-being of our environment for future generations.
If you are a motivated and experienced individual who is passionate about creating a sustainable future, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Barung Landcare Management Committee
The Barung Landcare Management Committee is currently seeking new members to join the management committee.
The Barung Landcare Management Committee sets the vision and the purpose for the organisation, and oversees, guides and supports the direction of the Barung Landcare team.
We are seeking people with the following qualities, skills and values (but not limited to):
- Passion for the environment
- Passion for working with community
- Understanding of business operations
- Understanding of environmental conservation / natural resource management
- Understanding of fundraising
- Previous experience on a committee or a board
- Collaborative spirit
If you are interested in joining the Barung Landcare Management committee, please email email@example.com
Volunteering is a wonderful way to give back to the environment and community, build social connections and improve your own physical and mental health and wellbeing.
Volunteering at Barung is an experience in both helping and learning.
Barung Landcare operates with a small team of paid staff, and a large number of invaluable volunteers.
By joining as a volunteer you can support Barung Landcare’s mission in helping the environment, learn about native Australian plants and ecosystems, gain valuable skills in raising native plants from seeds, and meet like-minded people with an interest in maintaining our environment.
We welcome a range of skills, experience and interests to the team, so let us know a little about yourself and your interests by filling out the below Volunteer Registration Form.
Barung Landcare offers a number of pathways for the community to participate in Landcare through our various volunteer programs. These include (but are not limited to):
- Carrying out seed collections
- Volunteering at the native nursery
- Helping with tree planting and weed maintenance at our site at the Maleny Community Precinct
- Helping to run community information stalls about Barung Landcare
- Fundraising activities
- The Maleny Wood Expo
All activities undertaken through volunteering with Barung Landcare are covered by Public Liability Insurance.
It is essential for Barung Landcare to be aware of volunteer personal details to ensure that you are able to effectively participate in the scheduled activities within the organisation without unnecessary risk to your own health or that of other staff and participants. New volunteers please complete the Barung Volunteer Form.
For enquiries about volunteering for Barung activities, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 5494 3151.